At AJProtech, we strive to create products that do more than simply function. Instead, we put ourselves
in the user's position to determine the most practical and dependable design while considering all
potential applications and circumstances.
We asked ourselves several questions - How can we create a product which can help efficiently and
securely track people, assets, or cargo fleet? How to create a product that is durable and reliable?
After testing several approaches and dozens of components, we devised a reliable solution.
The first step is to identify the required components.
- To track outdoor positioning, GPS is traditionally used. We selected a GPS module with low power
- For indoor navigation, inertial tracking with IMU can be used. BLE beacons are used as Points of
Interest - objects that are located in known locations, and then from them, a tracker can calculate its
position using inertial navigation.
- Contact tracing can be done with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). When 2 devices come close, the tracker
registers a contact and its duration. Unlike phone apps, this method is completely anonymous and does
not raise privacy concerns about personal devices.
- Tracker needs to be compact while data is regularly uploaded to the cloud. We selected LTE-M and NBIoT
for lower power consumption than standard 4G / LTE networks.
- Last, we added NFC so employees can use the device as an access control card.
Those components became the foundation for AJPROTECH LOCATION TRACKER - a compact and efficient solution
with a size of a badge that fits in a pocket.
At AJProTech, we use proven hardware development methodology to design products suitable for mass
production. We applied an agile iterative approach to this project. Especially important during chip
shortage, each design decision was checked with our Supply Chain specialists on the ground in Taiwan and
China. We rapidly created prototypes using design, engineering, and fast validation in parallel.